Have you gotten an oral cancer screening lately? If not, we would encourage you to consider it. Why? Well, in the United States, roughly 40,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer every year. The sooner we can detect and diagnose the cancer, if you have it, the sooner we can treat it and the better off you will be.
Here are some preliminary questions to ask yourself before the screening:
– Do you sometimes have a strange feeling that something is caught in the back of your throat?
– Do you experience ear pain but no hearing loss?
– Does your mouth or neck feel numb sometimes?
– Have your teeth shifted out of position recently?
– Do you have trouble chewing, speaking, eating, or swallowing?
– Are there lumps, rough spots, bumps, crusts, swelling, or eroded areas in your mouth?
– Do you have irregular bleeding in your mouth?
– Do you have sores in your mouth, neck, or face that do not settle after 2 weeks and bleed easily?
– Are there white, red, or speckled markings in your mouth?
– Have you experienced dramatic weight loss recently?
– Do you have a persistent sore throat or change in your voice that lingers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please schedule an oral cancer screening at Johnson Dentistry from Dr. John A. Johnson Jr. and our team at our dentist office in Bryan, Texas. You can call us at 979-279-8839 (Bryan) 281-944-3634 (Spring) . Come in and become a success story with a healthier smile today!