So what you should expect with a basic cleaning and exam here in the practice is a thorough examination of your gum tissue and your teeth, as well as an oral cancer screening. We do a lot of basics that work through all those aspects so that we make sure that you're in good health, not only are your teeth in good health.
Our hygienist will take X-rays. We do that every six months so that we can be proactive. We use all-digital radiographs, so they're very low radiation so that we're taking good care of the patient, but that we're catching things early so we can be proactive and protect, rather than have a lot of issues coming down the road that are bigger to address.
Dr. John A. Johnson Jr. recommends that our patients visit us every six months for a regular checkup. These Bryan dental cleanings and exams will help you:
- Catch and treat oral problems early on
- Prevent other health problems in your body
- Get peace of mind about having a healthy mouth
- Keep your teeth cleaner and whiter
- Gain confidence to smile boldly
Call Johnson Dentistry today to schedule your next cleaning and exam: 979-279-8839. Our address is 3702 Coppercrest Drive, in the 77802 ZIP code.
Achieve & Maintain a Healthy Smile With Regular Checkups
Your entire family can benefit from the expert care you’ll receive at Johnson Dentistry. Bring your little ones to us for a “happy visit” at age 2. This will get them used to the idea of dental care. When they’re a little older, their visits will resemble your own appointments.
Our checkups begin with a basic dental exam and a set of X-rays if needed. We’ll also use an electronic cavity detector to check for early signs of tooth decay. Our hygienist will then clean and polish each tooth, paying special attention to areas you might miss when brushing and flossing at home. Next, Dr. Johnson will perform a complete dental exam and take a closer look at any suspected problem areas.
Our goal is to help you keep the brightest and healthiest smile possible, so we’ll then discuss any recommended treatments in detail with you. These treatments could include:
- Tooth Fillings – Our metal-free, tooth-colored fillings will stop tooth decay and complement the rest of your smile.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Depending on the condition of your mouth, we can perform a “deep cleaning” to rid your gums of infection or apply a local antibiotic that fights infection below the gumline.
- Fluoride Treatment – Targeted fluoride application will not only help prevent cavities, it can also reverse tooth decay when it’s still in the early stages.
- Tooth Sealants – Sealants form a protective barrier between your tooth enamel and disease-causing bacteria.
- Bad Breath (Halitosis) & Dry Mouth Treatment – Our team can give you advice and recommend certain products that can help you manage these conditions.
Maintain a beautiful smile with regular Bryan dental cleanings and exams. Call Johnson Dentistry today at 979-279-8839 to schedule your next appointment.