Your smile needs care and attention. Your wisdom teeth have the potential to cause pain, especially if they become impacted or infected. In situations like these, your wisdom teeth can also cause many other problems to your oral health. Luckily, most people avoid these complications by having their wisdom teeth removed. However, the recovery of the process is also essential to promoting proper healing and a healthy smile.
Dr. John A. Johnson Jr. is happy to help you with the recovery process after your wisdom teeth removal in Bryan, Texas. In addition, our team at Johnson Dentistry is also happy to share some information and insight on the recovery process with these tips:
– Regular checkups: If you have any questions or concerns before, during or after your treatment, you will need to make sure that you are in contact with our dentist so that you can receive appropriate care.
– Ice packs: If you’re noticing any signs of swelling or inflammation, you should use an ice pack.
– Follow instructions: Our dentist will have plenty of instructions to help make sure that your recovery time runs smoothly.
– Eat soft foods: Several hard foods can damage your smile if you’re not careful, so make sure you eat soft foods that are safe for your gums.
– Sleep: Sleep is essential for helping your body heal, so make sure you’re getting plenty of it.
– Avoid exercise: Rather than working out, focus your energy on healing.
Remember, an important part of the recovery process includes letting your body rest. If you have questions about your health after surgery, or if you have questions about the procedure, please call us today at 979-279-8839 (Bryan) 281-944-3634 (Spring) . We are always happy to help!