Find Much-Needed Relief for Your Sleep Apnea in Spring, TX
When you have obstructive sleep apnea, a good night’s sleep can be hard to come by. You can say goodbye to your restless nights by treating your sleep apnea in Spring, TX. With our help, you can:
- Enjoy deep, healthy sleep
- Wake up feeling refreshed
- Improve your concentration and work productivity
- Protect your overall health
- Stop your loud snoring
Obstructive sleep apnea affects millions of people across the United States. If you or someone you love is one of them, then you should schedule a consultation at Johnson Dentistry. Call 281-944-3634 today to make an appointment so you can start getting the quality sleep you deserve.
Let Your Loved Ones Sleep Easier Too
Many people who have sleep apnea have never been diagnosed and are unaware of their condition. Loud and persistent snoring is often the first sign that someone may have this sleep disorder. Breathing stoppages when you fall asleep are another symptom that other people often notice.
Those breathing pauses are the result of your airway becoming closed off as you drift off to sleep. Your body responds to this by waking you up frequently so you can take a few breaths. These awakenings are often so brief that you don’t remember them, but they are enough to prevent you from reaching the stages of deep sleep.
To keep you sleeping, you need to keep your airway open. This can be done in a couple of ways:
- CPAP Machine – With a continuous positive airway pressure machine, you wear a mask while you sleep. The machine pushes air into your airway to keep it open. While this can be effective, a high percentage of people find this kind of treatment too difficult.
- Oral Appliances – This is what we can make for you at our office. A sleep apnea appliance is similar to a mouthguard that you wear while you sleep. It shifts the position of your lower jaw slightly so that your airway remains open.
With an oral appliance, you can breathe easier and stop snoring. As a result, you and your loved ones finally can sleep through the night.
Prevent Health Problems Related to Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea isn’t just an annoyance. It can be dangerous. People who have this condition have a greater risk of a number of health problems:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Decreased libido
- Daytime fatigue
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Weight gain
Talk to us about stopping your snoring and treating your sleep apnea in Spring, TX. Get the rest you deserve with help from our team at Johnson Dentistry. Call 281-944-3634 or request an appointment online to set up a consultation. You can also discuss your sleep issues with us at your upcoming exam.